Sunday, July 15, 2012

Step 2: Filling the Water tower

That Milestone I mentioned was the completion of the dome and adding the water. Once I was satisfied with the main framework, I patched a bunch of holes. (Part of the pain in the ass of having to generate the taper line by line.) 


I started at the bottom using fixwater to fill sections of the base and shaft. It doesn't work very well under overhangs so it took a while to get it filled.


Once filled with water, it casts a wicked shadow. In this shot you can also see a couple of holes that I missed on my first round.


Here I got my first glimpse of what the lake will look like.


Those nice big dimensions have given me Plenty of space for the town.


The stairs turned out pretty good once the water was in.


The bottom entrance is pretty dark now, so I'll have some lighting work to do once I get back to it.


The last two posts cover the first 32 or so hours of work.

No comments: